RIDE for HART!
Saturday, Sept 29
About the RIDE
Ride for Refuge is a bicycling fundraiser that takes place in several major centres across Alberta and Canada. Individuals, community groups and families are encouraged to sign up, grab a bike and raise pledges to assist a charity of their choice.
Purpose: Medical care for kids
HART’s objective this year is to raise money for a Children’s Medical fund – to address the health care needs of children living in poverty. With YOUR help we can build a brighter future for children faced with serious health challenges brought on by poverty and injustice.
Enjoy a fantastic fun day with family and friends while helping HART.
- Choose to ride or walk and join/start a team or donate to a rider/walker;
- If you live too far away from an official location, we encourage you to still participate by choosing the RIDE/WALK Anywhere option;
- All ages and stages are welcome to fund raise and participate;
- Enjoy rest stops, great volunteer support, and a delicious lunch;
- Volunteer positions are available for those who want to encourage and support the cause;
This year HART is looking for 15 team captains to help lead teams, recruit riders and walkers, and of course, raise money in support of HART. For valuable tips and resources on how you can get started, click ‘Be a team captain’ above.
When: Registration opens at 7:30 am and the ride starts at 9 am.
Where: There are 21 official locations in Canada. For information on all locations check out click ‘Locations’ above.
How: Register yourself or your team (Remember to select HART as your charity.)
Chose: your Ride (10, 25, 50 km) or Walk (5 km)
Cost: No registration fee, 10 and under are FREE. $75 minimum fund-raising for those over 10. $150 to earn a T-Shirt regardless of age.
If you have any questions about our campaign, please contact:
Tara Yoo – email@example.com
Toll Free: 1.877.788.3880