Here are specific prayer points that can help guide our prayers for the situation in Ukraine. Please share these with your friends and family:
1. Pray for the physical protection and provision for Ukrainian soldiers, civilians, and especially children in harm’s way. Supernaturally and otherwise, minimize the suffering and loss of life. Pray for children who see things no child’s eye should ever see. Pray for God to protect their hearts and minds.
2. Pray for and ask to see God’s glory amid this great struggle. Pray that He would continue to be glorified through the Christians in Ukraine who are being his hands and feet during this tragedy.
3. Pray for the volunteer Chaplains who are ministering to the military and civilians at the front lines. Pray that more Ukrainian soldiers have a chance to talk to someone (chaplains or fellow soldiers) who could share Christ and pray with them.
4. Pray for God’s peace to strengthen and encourage the thousands of Ukrainian workers/volunteers serving refugees, and the poor in their communities, who need to hear of God’s love for them through these Christian workers.
5. Pray for the wounded soldiers returning from the war with missing limbs and suffering from PTSD. Pray that they receive the proper medical care and that they will hear the message of God’s love through local church volunteers who visit them in hospitals.
6. Pray for the residents of cities and towns who are under heavy, indiscriminate shelling and have lost their homes and livelihoods.
7. Pray for countless civilian and military prisoners of war who are subject to torture and death at the hands of their captors.
8. Ask God to comfort the families that have lost mothers, fathers, sons and daughters, brothers, and sisters during this conflict.
9. Pray for God to give justice and peace to all those who have been cruelly and unfairly treated by their fellow man.
10. Ask God to intervene. Pray that God would give wisdom and move in the hearts of world leaders and guide their plans to end this war.
11. Pray for the President (Zelensky) and the leaders of Ukraine to know God’s truth and peace and be transformed by his Holy Spirit so that they would seek to lead their country in the way of peace.
12. Pray that this conflict will continue to open doors to the truth of the gospel message. Pray that He would make his name known across Ukraine, Russia, and all European countries refugees have fled to.